MDA Success Depends on You
The driving force behind the success of the Museum District Association is the willingness of neighbors and community supporters to give of their time and resources. These volunteer efforts are organized around committees chaired by MDA Board members and other volunteers. Some of the efforts currently undertaken by MDA committee volunteers are described below including the contact information for each committee.
Please consider contributing the gift of your volunteer time and effort to the MDA. We look forward to working with you.
- Beautification and Cleanup-Maintain the common areas of the neighborhood, provide clean-up opportunities and assist in creating sustainability. Contact MDAEnvironment@MuseumDistrict.org
- Code Enforcement-Protect the health and safety of the neighborhood through responsible property maintenance. Contact MDAcode@museumdistrict.org
- Programs-Plan and implement meaningful activities for residents. Contact MDAprograms@museumdistrict.org
- Zoning & Land Use-Review special use permits and other building needs for adherence to neighborhood design and code. Communicate with city officials as needed. Contact MDAzoning@museumdistrict.org
- Safety-Assist with our annual National Night Out block party in August, communicate with Fire & Police in regards to neighborhood concerns. Contact MDAsafety@museumdistrict.org
- Newsletter-Assist with format and edit, assist with delivery of quarterly newsletter. Contact MDAnewsletter@museumdistrict.org
- House Tour-Serve on planning committee, serve as tour guide in homes the day of the tour. Contact MDAhousetour@museumdistrict.org
- Information Technology/Communications-Assist with neighborhood communications via email, web site and social media. Contact MDAcommunications@museumdistrict.org
- Capitol Projects-Support large scale neighborhood improvements through planning, budgeting and implementation. Contact MDAcapitalprojects@museumdistrict.org
- Newsletter Ads-Secure advertisers for the newsletter and deliver hard copy to advertisers each quarter. ContactMDAnewsletterads@museumdistrict.org
- Membership-Create membership campaign, motivate residents to join the MDA, purchase and distribute association spirit items, develop welcome packet for new neighbors. Contact MDAmembership@museumdistrict.org
- Additional ideas! Contact MDApresident@museumdistrict.org