The MDA Annual Meeting took place Wednesday, November 11 at Temple Beth-El. The 135 attendees were treated to a lively meeting presided over by 2015 MDA President Steve Thompson. Special thanks go to Temple Beth-El for the meeting space, and Josephine for the wonderful food she prepared onsite for our enjoyment.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- Membership has steadily risen since 2010
- Crime is down 32% from 2010 and 10% from 2014
- The 2015 Mother’s Day House & Garden Tour brought in over $15,000
- Attendance at annual events was robust, with 150 members at the popular Spring Fling
- Style Weekly Senior Contributing Editor Edwin Slipek provided a rousing narrative of the Museum District
Several presentations were made:
- $2,500 check to Albert Hill Middle School Principal La Shante Knight and PTA Treasurer Anne Ewald for meeting the MDA two-to-one grant challenge to assist in funding a marquee sign in front of the school
- Richmond Police Department Sector 311 Lt. Michael Stith received the Museum District City Star Award
- Museum District resident Joe Crane received the Museum District Volunteer Star Award
How to stay in touch with us
We enjoyed seeing so many new faces along with all of the regulars at the annual meeting. Please be sure to connect with us and join in the fun for 2016.
Facebook: Museum District – Richmond, VA