Why Join the MDA?
Being involved in your neighborhood offers many benefits. You get to know your neighbors better, make your voice heard on important community issues, and help maintain a safe and beautiful place to live.
The Museum District Association is a volunteer organization and relies on the support of our members to fulfill our mission: To unite, protect, and advance the interests of the neighborhood in order to realize its potential and improve the quality of life in the neighborhood and community.
We are an active organization with almost 600 members. We:
- Create open communication with the city and surrounding neighborhoods
- Design and coordinate beautification projects to improve the overall appearance of the neighborhood
- Provide input on zoning issues
- Work closely with law enforcement officials
- Publish The Columns, a quarterly newsletter that is hand-delivered to every residence and business in the district
- Communicate with our members via emails and social media to notify them of important community events and safety concerns
We work hard, but we have fun, too! We host a variety of events throughout the year that encourage neighbors to engage in their community, such as: Mother’s Day House & Garden Tour, summer picnic, National Night Out, Spring Fling, Annual Meeting, alley clean-ups in the spring and the fall, and town hall meetings.
Becoming a member is a great way to give back and be a part of the community. Whether you are picking up a newsletter for the first time or are a longtime member and considering renewing, we hope that you will make the choice to join the organization and get involved in 2016.
Nonvoting Associate membership shall be open to the general public as a Friend of the Association.
MDA membership is just $15, with senior and household discounts available. This just may be the best deal you find all year!